Friday, November 6, 2009

ERIC GEISELMAN BUMPED BY SHARK OUTSIDE OF SANTA CRUZ!!

ERIC GEISELMAN BUMPED BY SHARK IN NORCAL

Florida surfer blasted off board north of Santa Cruz

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/eric-geiselman-bumped-by-shark-in-norcal_32012/
 
Eric Geiselman, like most surfers, really hates sharks. He often sits with his feet on his board in sharky areas. Yesterday, during a crappy evening session at a break north of Santa Cruz, the Florida ripper was blasted from below by what is believed to have been a white shark.
"I don't even know how to describe it. Everything happened so quickly! I was surfing with my brother Evan and Taylor Brothers at this wave north of town. The waves were sh..ty and it was raining. I wasn't even that motivated to go out. Evan and Taylor were in typical 'grom' mode and wanted to have a paddle. Jay Thompson and a couple other guys were out surfing too.


"Right before it was getting dark everyone went in except us. I was sitting out the back just waiting for a wave. I had my back towards the ocean looking straight towards the beach to lineup when it happened.

"Out of nowhere I got attacked from underneath. My board broke instantly right underneath me from the crazy force and I pretty much fell through my board but somehow managed to keep the front end under me. I knew right away I was being attacked and sort of just went into panic mode. I actually kicked it to when I was scrambling to get away. I was screaming to my brother who was about 30 yards away from me. My leash was still attached to the back end of my board when I was scratching to get away, but I was too scared to even reach back and undo it!

"What was so crazy is that we weren't even that far off the beach. Luckily I made it in to the shore. Somehow my board didn't get a bite in it? Luckily, it hit me by my fins, so I think that might have spooked it. It was definitely the scariest thing that has ever happen to me. It's crazy because it felt like a really bad nightmare. So scary to know how helpless you are in the water when something like that goes down! Thank God that's all that happened!"


http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/eric-geiselman-bumped-by-shark-in-norcal_32012/

No comments:

Post a Comment